The latest GEG NZ Hangout on Air – Maker Culture. This is our first hangout on air to involve students and we were delighted with the discussion and ideas shared. A huge thank you to Anne Batchelor, Liz Fairhall from Selwyn House School in Christchurch, as well as Bridget McKendry and her students from Fab Lab XcCH in Christchurch.Read More
How to use Hāpara Workspace
This post will show you how to use Hāpara Workspace to design personalised and engaging learning pathways for students.
Hāpara Workspace is a platform for teachers and learners to create highly personalised learning experiences that deepen collaboration and differentiation throughout the learning cycle. There are a wide range of ways in which you can use this tool to enhance the learning for your students.
This video gives you a quick overview of the features in Hāpara Workspace:
- When first presented with the Workspace interface, read from left to right: Goals > Resources > Evidence > Rubrics
- When creating your first workspace, create the master workspace first with all the content, then create groups and use subsets of the master workspace to differentiate them.
- You’ll need to decide on who best to differentiate for your learners – by topic, theme, difficulty, etc. There is more information on this in a subsequent post.
There are a number of benefits that Hāpara Workspace offers:
- Modify the work of learners at the individual or group level – all within the same online unit of learning.
- Track progress and submissions, provide feedback and guidance – everything in one place.
- Strengthen learner agency by providing learners an easy, intuitive interface to manage their assignments, customise their submissions and participate in workspace learning and teaching.
- Create professional learning for staff and deliver it in an interesting and personalised manner.
Post Series: Hāpara Suite
- 1.Learn how to use groups in Hāpara teacher dashboard
- 2.Learn how to use Hāpara smart share
- 3.How to use Hāpara highlights
- 4.How to use Hāpara workspace
- 5.How groups work to support differentiation in Hāpara workspace
- 6.How to use Hāpara Workspace to differentiate learning
- 7.Use Hāpara analytics to make decisions
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?