This post and short tutorial is for G Suite for Education administrators and ICT leaders. It shows you how Google protects privacy inside G Suite for Education from the start of August.
This is a refinement that Google is making in order to better serve education clients, by turning off consumer products that aren’t relevant to them. Some of these products involve advertising also, so it is a good thing that they are turning them off by default.
The good thing about this is that these services will be off by default from the start of August, unless administrators opt to keep these services on. In short, administrators will get three choices:
- Manage the services yourself.
- Turn all these services OFF.
- Turn the services OFF except for Google Play (which would be useful if you users use android devices to download apps/etc.).
Take note that if you use some consumer products in the Google ecosystem, such as Analytics or Custom Search, that you may opt to keep these on.RT: Changes to G Suite for Education #adminconsole #ictleaders Click To Tweet
Once you have made your choice, you will receive an email from Google with further information if you want this.
- How Google protects your security and privacy
- Managing access to services for different users
- About the G Suite for Education core and additional services
If you would like additional help using the Admin console, or a check up to see if you system has been set up properly and customised to your school, please get in touch.