Welcome Craig McDowell to our team!
Craig is an experienced, passionate educator, leader and leadership consultant. He has worked in seven different schools throughout NZ including being a foundation Deputy Principal at a new secondary school, and one in Canada. He has also been on a Board of Trustees for eight years, four of which he was Chairperson and had the privilege of being the School Director of Outward Bound NZ. His wife is a primary school teacher and he has two children that have successfully entered the workforce after graduating from tertiary programmes.
As well as still being a registered teacher, he has been a Leadership and Management Adviser to schools as an agent for the Ministry of Education at UC Ed Plus. After finishing in this role in 2010, Craig established his own leadership development company Aspire2Lead Ltd. Different experiences and expertise include:
- 1-1 Principal and other leaders coaching
- Principal and other Senior Leadership appraisal – Secondary, Primary and Area Schools
- Principal appointments – Secondary, Primary (including special character)
- BOT training – effective governance, chairperson coaching, appraisal, and effective decision making.
- Senior Leadership Team leadership development (Secondary, Primary and ECE)
- Middle leadership development
- Adaptive leadership and change initiatives
- Sel-Review projects and collaborative inquiry
- Reflective practice and experiential learning,
- Emotional intelligence and well-being.
Of particular interest to Craig is culturally contextualised leadership; he has been involved in a Māori initiative, Te Kauhua, which emphasised the necessity of whānau and iwi engagement, and the building of productive relationships with stakeholders.
Craig also works outside the education sector. He has delivered a Business Management course and has facilitated training with an ITO, a seafood company and a construction company. He has coached senior leaders from a variety of sectors: Agriculture, Fire Service, Health, Not-for-profit organisations, and general management.
PLD Facilitator/Leadership Consultant
16 Perthshire Crescent
Ph: 0275277473, Email: [email protected]
Linkedin Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/craig-mcdowell-611588b/
Qualifications and Accreditations:
- Master of Teaching and Learning
- Bachelor of Science (Honours)
- Diploma of Educational Management
- Diploma of Teaching (Distinction)
- MOE Accredited PLD facilitator
- NZSTA Accredited consultant
- The Leadership Circle Profile consultant
- Team Management Services consultant
- Genos Emotional Intelligence consultant
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?