Burnham School is a semi-rural school with approximately 150 students located just south of Christchurch, New Zealand. The school web site had become unwieldy and cumbersome due to continuous updates, no clear design or structure and a lot of content. It also required one person to update the site from one computer.
Burnham School required a complete redesign of their web site. This process involved a clear plan that enabled the site to become sustainable and updated by many people, as well as integrating social media to engage the Burnham community.
Learning Architects used their expert knowledge of the needs of schools to develop a fully-featured web site that included:
- A clear plan and site structure which enables future content development to be incorporated in a logical way.
- Seamless social media integration with the school Facebook page. This includes automatic Facebook updates when the site blog is updated.
- A professional slider for the home page imagery to show off key aspects of the school.
- Online Google Forms integrated seamlessly using the site style.
- Google Calendar integrated seamlessly into the site. This calendar is responsive which means it works across all types of device.
- Downloads and other documents managed easily within a logical and easy to use system for the office manager.
- Integration with the school Google Apps for Education and e-portfolio systems.
- An affordable and feature-rich hosting package.
- Built in professional learning for the principal and office manager in using the site to keep the content fresh and up to date.
Burnham School now has a mobile responsive, user friendly website that looks great and integrates beautifully with the schools Facebook page.
The team has been given expert training to be able to update and manage it themselves and feedback from Board, staff and parents has been extremely positive.
The Burnham School web site continues to go from strength to strength as the content grows and celebrates learning on a weekly basis.
The school is delighted with the ongoing support from Learning Architects and the site consistently gets many visits.